No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Friday, December 09, 2005


Here's a new creation:

King Of The Manchester Baggy Scene.

I was a Manchester City trainee,
Whose career was ended by a broken knee,
Failed my O Levels due to no revision,
Became a roadie for Joy Division.

I was pinned up against the wall,
At the Manchester Free Trade Hall,
By the future rhythm section of The Fall,
Tony Wilson witnessed it all.

I was a Stockholm Monster and a Chameleon,
Sang backing vocals with the Durutti Column.
I ran warehouse parties in Trafford Park
And sold Chelsea boots to John Cooper-Clarke.

I managed the Happy Sundays then they changed their name,
Ditched me and went on to worldwide fame,
I was brought in to remix "WonderWall"
But now the Gallaghers wont return my calls

Now I'm the head of a new regime,
I'm the King Of The Manchester Baggy Scene.

No comments: