No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Saturday, December 24, 2005


Christmas time is a strange time to be alone. The three Sues have long since left me alone here in Dorset. So, I will use the next week to write new material. No distractions - none of the typical Christmas goings on. I plan to post a new song/poem each day. That discipline will keep me busy. Here's the first:


I Love Your Shop.

I live in sheltered housing I shop til I drop
Ad manager on the face used to be Rod Sopp
You're my foreman, I'm the kind that needs a foreman
When I've had enough, then my friend, then I'll stop
Give it up, give in, give it to me,
I love your shop.

Sometimes I'm all mixed up, I change my mind
When I look at you I see you're too that kind
You're my foreman, I'm the kind that needs a foreman
In the morning I'm at the bottom, in the afternoon at the top.
Save me, save yourself, save me
I love your shop.

I was never academic.
I was never gonna be a mechanic.
I should have gone to college
But I never had the knowledge
My father drove the 21 bus
To get me through the eleven plus.

No comments: