No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Sunday, January 01, 2006


No sign of the three Sues for a few days now.I went up to the hill this morning ( the hill where they park their car to spy on me ) - their car had gone, but there were a load of cigarette ends and footprints . They'd been there.

It Isn't Easy (Being Shit).

It isn't easy being shit, and I've had 25 years of it,
It aint easy being crap,
I've been booed off stage and shouted down,
Told to pack up my gear and immediately leave town.

I've been heckled and harrassed by drunken louts,
I go unrecognised by ticket touts,
I've got a pile of reviews two foot deep,
The best one calls me a "talentless dick"
It isn't easy being shit.

Booking agents are never at home,
A&R men don't answer the phone,
I've seen soundmen vomit at my soundcheck,
And recording engineers turned to nervous wrecks
It isn't easy being shit.

I am completely deluded and unaware,
No one likes me, I don't care.
My CDs are recycled and melted down,
And used for buttons on dressing gowns.

No comments: