No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Sunday, January 08, 2006


Last week, down in Bridport - I went to a Thai restuarant - and in keeping with my usual practice - drank as much booze as I could lay my hands on. I do love drinking.
But, the next morning, I felt dreadful. Then, I decided to give it up. Booze that is. And I have. For a week. Amazing. I reckon that is the longest I have gone without a drink for about 25 years. How long this will continue - who knows? But it is nice to be able to stop completely without seeing big spiders climb up the walls or sweating and shaking like a bastard. I have suddenly become all self righteous - questioning people ( occasionally complete strangers ) on why they have to drink alcohol to enjoy themselves. It's great up here on the moral high ground.

No comments: