No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Thursday, February 19, 2004

A bout of frantic songwriting has just occured - and I feel all the better for it. "Writer and Broadcaster" , "The Bird in Belle & Sebastian",
"When The Young Are All Old" and "I Could Never Love A Girl With Bad Handwriting" have all appeared on paper. We'll soon knock them into shape. On another note, I am about to take delivery of a Groovebox. No, it's not what you think.
We've been thinking of using samples when we play live - the soon to be released CD contains a number - and the idea of using technology, particularly the kind associated with another style of music appeals. Might be a harpsichord next, or a lute.
The one problem I foresee is when we do play live, I'll be responsible for actually working the sampler/groovebox. I tend to get so involved in what's going on onstage, that I fear samples blasting away here there and everywhere. We'll see.
By the way, in case you're wondering - oli was poured on the stormy water/rehearsal studio situation. Peace has broken out.

No comments: