No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Sunday, June 25, 2006


Word has reached me in Dorset that Top Of The Pops is to cease trading . What (exactly) is happening to the world? Melody Maker & Sounds long since closed their doors - John Peel never came back from Peru - now TOTP is going. To be fair, I hardly ever watch it - and when I do, it's with the sound down whilst playing my own choice of music. For instance, I'm watching it now - a group called Wolfmother seem to be pretending it's 1973 again ( quite why anyone would want to do that is beyond me - I was at the real 1973, and let me tell you it was no tea party). I'm playing The Affectionate Punch by The Associates - a very good record. TOTP tonight is being hosted by two dizzy blonde birds who seem to be laying the irony on with a trowel, all knowing looks and wry smiles. To be fair pop music is for the young and gormless - fortunately I still qualify for the latter.

No comments: