No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Sunday, June 25, 2006

The Town Song ( £5 pair of shoes)

Went down to the town,
Had a bundle of cash and a determined outlook,
Went down to the town,
I was unknown - and that suited me.

In the town, I stifled a yawn,
Threw up my dinner on a resident's lawn.
In the town, I bought some new shoes,
Cheap enough , cheap enough to loose.

The security men in their bespoke suits,
Stopped me at a barrier they'd made from old oil cans.
It reminded me of "At The Barricades" by Spandau Ballet.
Yes, it was that serious.

You spur me on, son.
Your spur me on.
Your spur me on, son.
You point out all the things that must be done ( and I thank you for that ).

No comments: