No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Wednesday, November 30, 2005


Currently riddled with flu, and so therefore somewhat vulnerable to any kind of attack. Just before bedtime last night I read a review on the internet claiming I was "terrible". Went to bed with a heavy heart . But woke this morning to read that the bloke who runs Baggage Reclaim - some kind of moody, arty club in South London thinks I'm ok - and enjoys my work. Obviously one of these people needs taking out and shooting, the other should be immediately made head of A&R at Sony or some other massive corporation. Quite a week really, the release of "Black Girlfriend" and the publishing of "Well Up For It" - my second book - a collaboration with Carl Eldridge. However, the flu has taken the wind from my sails somewhat, and I have been unable to bask in a self satisfied creative glow. Typical, that.

No comments: