No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Cranberries (from Ireland) were on television again.
I did not like it.
U2 ( from Ireland) were on the radio today.
Left me, left me cold and getting colder.
By the second, by the day.

Big Country, a Scottish group,
Fooled my friends, but no, not me.
The Postcard groups - all meant well,
But seemed to leave a terrible smell,
Whenever they came south ( they were all mouth).

It's up to you, boy.
It really is - it really, really is.
You're our hope, boy.
No-one's getting younger,
And the rent needs paying - do you hear what I'm saying ?

Edwyn Collins and Henry Rollins,
Are either under sedation or deep in meditation.
And where's Billy McKenzie when you need him?
Chasing whippets in the sky.

No comments: