No-one said it was going to be easy. This is the ongoing story of The Disco Students - from Aylesbury 1978 to today, now. www.myspace.com/2006discostudents

Friday, October 28, 2005


Just back from Bridport where I spent a few days recording some new material - all good. I have now had the Black Girlfriend E.P. all mastered by the marvellous Campbell Downie from the House of Sound - the six tracks sound great, and I can't wait to get them released. A very new DS sound. Whilst I was down in Dorset I went through the hundreds of cassette tapes - some going back to 1977 - that contain all DS output ever. It was a strange experience listening to live gigs, rehearsals and studio recordings - not only the songs, but the out-takes and snippets of conversations from days long gone. The Retrospective project has blossomed - there'll now be 20 songs - but it won't be out until the New Year. All the tracks are going to be digitally re-mastered - and these things take time. Some of the songs I remembered as being good were , to my 2005 ears, not so - and vice -versa. But I've settled on a list 0f 20 - I could have gone to 30 - but no. Keep those others for volume 2, eh.

No comments: